In a sector where the buzz words are "demand-driven flows" and "Configure to Order," you need to provide proof of maximum agility. Your markets are constantly changing and are subject to:
- Large-scale technological innovations
- Continually renewed demand
- Products with life cycles that are now measured in months
To dynamically meet demand and customers' specific requirements, you must be able to provide assemble to order and configure to order products to quickly adapt to new markets.
Challenges for your industry
- Products become obsolete very quickly, meaning that they need to be made to order or configure to order and not inventory based: pull flow management
- Increase in the number of parts numbers
- Shorter lead times, requiring accelerated production cycles
- Need to optimize changeover times on the lines
- Component availability management (critical supplies)
- High costs of inventory
- Production facilities operating based on demand-driven flows and finite capacity: availability of components, machines, personnel, etc.
- Lead time reliability through complete traceability of order production flows at all production levels and for all critical components
- Optimization of line placement and changeover times (matrices): increase in productivity
- Increased responsiveness and agility: optimized cycles, simulation capabilities, etc.
- Reduction in costs by decreasing inventories and WIP
- Management of learning curves for new products
Fast implementation and ROI (in just several months)