Your industry's background:
The cable industry is a specific field. It is involved in a wide range of markets, each with their own suitable logistics. Moreover, cable is a complex product that involves dozens of components. Fragile and heavy, cable must be transported on reels under considerable safety conditions. Halfway between weaving and injection molding, cable requires extensive investments similar to those of iron and steel metallurgy. A cable is increasing difficult to produce on a single line, entailing the creation of inventories and the need for scheduling to avoid crossing the flows.
In this environment, your efficiency comes from optimal use of resources and perfect synchronization of production flows.
Challenges for your industry:
- Deregulation of domestic markets (example: energy market) and increasing competition (in the telecommunications and automotive industries, for example)
- Multiplication of new part numbers
- Pull planning deliveries with the correct length
- Increasingly shorter and more precise lead times
- Need for a reliable solution to transform excellent scheduling into a competitive advantage synonymous with gaining market shares
ORTEMS provides a customized solution, regardless of your type of production or products:
- Standard or special cables
- For any type of cable (energy, telecommunications, ship, infrastructure, industry, underwater, wire, fiber optic)
- In inventory, on order or mixed method